Sunday, October 3, 2010

You're Real.

So this past Thursday I had my second ultrasound. This time it was way more then just a little gestational sac. It was my little baby! The second he came into view I had a rush of so many feelings. I was excited, happy, overwhelmed, nervous and so many other feelings. I realized the very moment I saw the little flutters of his heartbeat that he was real. I know that sounds odd but up until then, I obviously knew I was pregnant but I didn't one hundred percent believe it.
Another surprising discovery that I made was this oddly strong gut instinct that it was a boy. Hence my "he" references. Now I could definitely be wrong but it came over me so strong that for now, I'm going to stand by it. Anyway, seeing my little baby move and jump made me ecstatic. It was also surreal to watch him move so much and not feel anything. I can't wait to feel little kicks. I could have seriously watched him on that ultrasound for days on end. It was so amazing.
How incredible to see that something is thriving inside of you. Up until my ultrasound I had been doing my best to eat well, etc. but now I feel like I have to make sure that everything I eat is decently healthy because I want to make sure he's getting the best of everything. It's so crazy that just seeing the ultrasound makes such a difference.
Now I wasn't planning on doing this but I'm really excited to share my favorite snapshot from the Ultrasound so here goes.
When the ultrasound started I think he was asleep because he was all curled up into a little ball. Then all of a sudden he jumped and they got this snapshot of his looking right out as if saying "Excuse me, can I have some privacy?". It was adorable and made my heart skip a beat.

-Sorry about not posting for 3 days, after Thursday I've kind of been in a happy daze. I hope you guys enjoyed the ultrasound picture!

No comments:

Post a Comment