Sunday, October 10, 2010

Battles of the Sexes.

I always wanted a boy first. I wanted to shower my little boy with race cars, legos, bionics etc. I wanted him to be Tonka tough. A boy first so that when I had a little girl she had a protector. Someone to look up to. After my ultrasound I had this strange feeling that it was a boy. Except I wasn't excited as I thought. Secretly I had been fantasizing about all things pink and frilly. I even prematurely made a registry based on the fact that it was a girl. I know, sounds ridiculous. I have no idea why I became so set on a girl. I'm going to blame it on hormones.
Don't get me wrong, I'm super excited either way. I'll love a little boy just as much as a little girl. I think little dudes are absolutely adorable. I just feel like I'm on a teeter totter with the sex of this baby. One day I'm all like "HECK YES! BOYS!" and the next I'm crossing my fingers for a little lady. I can imagine a little boy outside with his daddy learning how to toss a football just as much as I can imagine myself sitting on the floor with a little girl playing with dolls and makeup and watching Beauty and the Beast.
I can see myself dressing a little boy with cute little Vans slip-ons and a striped hoodie and then I see myself dressing up a little girl in a summer dress with bows in her hair. I am a serious case of indecision.
But at the end of the day, my decision doesn't matter because my little baby already has a set destiny and I can't wait to be a part of it. All I can hope for is for a healthy, happy child.
So for now, I'm just going to sit back and wait.
I can't wait to meet my baby boy/little lady.

-I realize how nutty I sound in this post. It's the hormones I tell you!

No comments:

Post a Comment