Thursday, December 20, 2012

Untitled.

So the past few weeks have been insane.

I've probably touched my computer twice in the past month. 
Between the last days of crunching for finals, I also switched from part-time to full-time at my job. Hello ten to twelve hour days, goodbye to my already nonexistent social life and time with my boys.

I have missed scouring my favorite blogs, pinterest and etsy.
I feel like my days are somehow longer but the time is shorter.

I didn't even get around to doing Christmas cards to send out this year. I wanted to take a day to dress Nikolas up and take him to do the pictures myself with my awesome camera, that might I add, I have barely gotten to play with. I feel really guilty/sad about not having Christmas cards. There's always next year though right?

Besides all of that though, the days that I have been home have been awesome. Nikolas is such a chatter box. I can almost have a conversation with him. He's totally nuts about the Christmas tree and always asks us to turn the lights on for him. He gets the whole idea of presents and I think he will have a blast opening them.
I mean the kid is getting a brand new Mercedes and a tablet for Christmas...

The tablet I have nothing to do with, that was all dad's idea so that he would leave the iPad alone. I'm not sure how I feel about a two year old having a tablet yet. I mean he does pull up YouTube and activate the voice command so that he can say 'puppy'. I still think there is a thing as too much technology. That warrants a lot of arguments around these parts so more on that later.

On a cheerier note, I'll have both Christmas Eve and day off, paid. Score!

We will be all over the place on Christmas Eve. Christmas day we will enjoy a nice and relaxed morning at our home before heading out for brunch at a close family friend's home.

I'm really excited for the New Year, and slightly worried because it will probably be the busiest year of my entire life. I have never had to juggle a full time job, a child and full time school. Not only that but working around my husbands crazy EMT schedule will be really tough. So slightly freaking out, partly excited. Who am I kidding, I AM FREAKING OUT!

So happy holidays to all, stay safe and enjoy every minute of being with your families.






No comments:

Post a Comment